Wednesday, July 26, 2006

today I went dreaming

I dream of inventing,
of creating, of painting.

I dream of listening so well
I never have to wonder if

I dream of family and kids,
and sleepless nights

and joy as they grow and find out
who they are in Him, in love

I dream of fishing, and surfing,
and hiking, and skating,

of tea parties, and friends,
of being known, of knowing

I dream of growing old
alongside my best friend

I dream of miracles, and freedom
of authority and excitement, of joy

I dream my dreams,
I dream some of His...

1 comment:

Girl in the Globe said...

BJ,
Awesome! I *love* this...especially at a time in my life where I'm longing for my dreams. And the part about growing old next to your best friend. Snif snif. I've been pondering that a lot lately. There's too much to comment here, so I'll probably blog on it later. Anyway, just wanted you to know how much I appreciated your words.

gg