Tuesday, August 08, 2006

interesting...

I just got to thinking... most all my immediate family members are currently sheep looking for a flock... looking for the other sheep who know the call of their common shepherd. Are we too picky? Are we hurting? Are we being taken out? Or are we waiting to hear which way the call is coming from so we can run to the shepherd?
I hope we are waiting, ears turned to heaven... and hope soon we all find ourselves surround by other sheep with which to actively wait...

As I was just about to post the above comment, a song came on and started to play the sounds of the shofar. This always is so stirring and I haven't heard one for a while... its so nice to know that God is leading us, and He is our good shepherd.

5 comments:

Girl in the Globe said...

Hi BJ,
I'm so glad we're sharing this journey together. It means a lot to know that we have family with us out here, so we're not alone...It also makes me feel a little less crazy too. =D

gg

Anonymous said...

hey shmook,

it didn't occur to me untill now (and reading gg's post on being flockless) that all of us were in the same boat.

God must be up to something.
i bet its something real good.

love you,
sme

Girl in the Globe said...

You guys. This is so cool that our family is on a similar journey. We should start a blog on it that we all contribute to. =)

gg

bj said...

maybe it could be called Spamily... or Spamily Says, like Simon says... or Welcome to the Spamily...

just like spam, spiced ham... we are family, spiced family.

O'Shaug said...

huh. that hadn't occurred to me either. good catch, beej. i didn't know shae was similarly untethered, either.