Friday, March 31, 2006

is that it?

So, as the Westminster Confession points out, the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Is that it? I was talking the other day to daru and it became clear to me that I don't live entirely in that freedom... I love to glorify God, and I love to enjoy Him. I'm a fairly joyful person, yet despite my natural propensity to enjoy life and God, and my intentiality of glorifying Him, I place ALOT of pressure on myself. I feel as though I've just always been called to be "change in His pocket", and that deep knowledge has translated into a great desire to always be ready, waiting for the slightest whisper or sound of the breeze, hearing God in the softest of voices, and responding. On the surface, and most often in practicality, this has worked out well. I've grown accustomed to listening, attempting to respond at times, and really looking at my life through better lenses than I would have otherwise been wearing.

But... what about the ease and light burden of simply (and sometimes, not so simply) glorifying God, and enjoying Him forever.

I think I gotta work on this. Let go a little bit on the intensity of being ready, and maybe trusting that God knows how to get my attention. Or, maybe being aware and feeling that pressure, is glorifying God. Maybe He wants me to share His burden and heart for others continually, even when its heavy... maybe I need to pray about it and let Him let me know.

Still working on it... how do you have a light and easy burden, glorify God, enjoy Him, and still strive for, I don't know... perpetual preparedness?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Penny. You're so cute! I can't beleive you have a myspace thing. I'm not allowed to have a myspace, but I can have a xanga. Anyways, you just left and the kindship people are still here so I think I'm oging to go to bed! I'll see you next week at bible study!
love you

bj said...

Hi Penny! (if you see this) So glad you stopped by!

love you too!

-BJ